These terms and conditions form an integral part of your hire contract with A2B Outdoor Hire and sales hereinafter referred to as the “Company”. Office is 16 Washingley Road, Folksworth, Peterborough, Cambs PE7 3SY.
The “Hirer” is the person whose name & address appears at the top of the hire contract of which these terms and conditions form a part. The hirer must be at least 18 years old. The Hirer accepts full legal liability for all the equipment listed on the hire contract(s) irrespective of whether the equipment is for the Hirer’s personal use, or that of another member of his/her party, booking under the same contract booking number.
“Equipment” includes inflatable Kayaks, buoyancy aids, tents, roof bars and boxes, bike boxes & any other item(s) hired by the Hirer from the Company. The hire period is the date from which the equipment is collected\received, by the hirer from the Company until the date that the hirer is due to return the equipment. Both these dates are clearly stated on the hire contract.
Conditions of Hire
1. As part of the hire agreement you agree and accept the terms and conditions. The Company reserves the right not to hand over any equipment if the Hirer cannot properly identify himself\herself. In these circumstances no refund will be given.
The Hirer accepts full personal liability for the equipment from the time he\she
receives it from a member of the Company’s staff , until it is returned to the Company at the end of the hire period.
The company does not insure the equipment hired to the hirer and it is the responsibility of the hirer to insure the equipment hired to them and items carried in or on the equipment hired while in their possession.
The hirer will be given the opportunity to check the equipment hired to them to make sure it is in good condition and working order and will be provide with literature on safe and proper use of the equipment to read.
a) If the hired equipment requires fitting to the hirers vehicle and this is carried out by the company the hirer will be asked by a member of the company to check the equipment prior to leaving to ensure they are happy with the equipment. After the equipment has been fitted by the company and checked by the hirer it is then the responsibility hirer to check the equipment prior to any subsequent journeys and will report any defects prior to using the equipment and accept that the equipment hired to them will be insured by them (the hirer) while in their possession.
b) Once the equipment has been fitted to the vehicle the equipment will not and must not be removed by the Hirer at any time during the hire period, unless due to an emergency or with prior permission from the company and a signed disclaimer.
c) If the roof box or any of the equipment fitted by the company is removed by hirer during the hire period for whatever reason, the company accepts no liability for damage caused to the vehicle the equipment was fitted or removed from or injury caused to the hirer or damage caused to any other vehicle, property or person.
c) If roofbars are required to be fitted to the hirer(s) vehicle and are fitted by the company they will be locked to the hirer(s) vehicle and the key will remain with the company to ensure that the bars and any equipment fitted to being removed.
If the equipment hired is fitted to any vehicle by the hirer the company excepts no liability for damage caused to the vehicle the equipment was fitted or removed from or injury caused to the hirer or damage caused to any other vehicle, property or person.
The Company reserves the right to charge the hirer the full replacement cost of such equipment in the event that it becomes damaged, lost or stolen during the period of hire, or until it has been returned to the Company. The replacement costs are as follows: –
Polaris Bike box £350
Small Litre £150, Medium Litre Box £200, Large Box £250, Extra Large box £300 and Extra Extra large box £500
Roof bars £100
Lost Keys Chargeable at £10 per key. Broken Key in Box £20.
Air beam Tents:-
Medium 4 berth £400, Large 4 berth £500, Medium 6 berth £600 and large 8 berth £700.
If damage is caused to the tent such as punctures to air beam system , tears or rips to tent or ground sheet, and the damage can be repaired professionally then the hirer will only be responsible for the cost of the repair and not replacement of tent.
3. Collecting Equipment. The Hirer or his\her agent will sign a receipt for the
equipment on collection. By signing, the Hirer or his\her agent acknowledges that they have inspected the equipment & confirms that it is the equipment ordered & that it is in satisfactory working order and condition and not damaged.
4. Amendments. The company will not accept any liability if the hirer changes the vehicle from that of the original hire arrangements without The company will not accept and changes less than 21days prior to your departure. All amendments must be in writing and sent by post, or e-mail to the Company.
5. Bookings on receipt of a Hire confirmation the specific equipment will be reserved for a period of 7 days to allow a £20 non refundable booking deposit to be received. Once the booking deposit has been received the equipment will be reserved until the date of collection. The customer will also receive a booking confirmation once the deposit has been received. If no booking deposit is received after 7 days the equipment will no longer be reserved and made available to other customers
6. Cancellations. All bookings are only accepted on receipt of a £20 booking deposit which is not refundable if booking is cancelled.
7. It is possible that the equipment which you have pre-booked may have been lost or damaged by the previous hirer. In this event, the Company will use every endeavour to provide the Hirer with equipment of at least the same quality & value as that ordered by the Hirer. Should the Hirer not wish to take the alternative equipment offered, he\she will be entitled to a full refund in respect of the missing equipment. However the company accepts no further liability.
8. Returning Equipment Late. Where the Hirer does not return the equipment at the end of the hire period, the Company reserves the right to charge the Hirer at the following daily rate of hire. The daily rate will be the specific daily rate for the specific hired equipment as shown on the price list up to the replacement cost of the equipment, as specified in paragraph “2” above, together with any legal fees or associated recovery costs.
The Company reserves the right to refuse to hire equipment to any client with whom it does not wish to enter into a contractual relationship. The Company reserves the right to cancel a contract at any time & without notice, whereupon it will refund to the hirer any monies paid. Following such a refund, no further liability will exist between the hirer & the Company.
Roof Boxes. Roof Bars and Cycle carriers – It is the Hirer’s responsibility to ensure that any item stored in the roof box are stored correctly and that the weight limit specified inside the box is not exceeded and that any other equipment not hired from the company fitted to the hired equipment such as Cycles is correctly fitted to the appropriate vehicle & remain properly fitted during the period of hire. If the hirer choose to have the box fitted free of charge members of the Company’s staff assist the Hirer with fitting such equipment to a vehicle, this will be entirely at the Hirer’s risk and the Company accepts no liability for any damage caused either to the vehicle or third parties as a result of fitting such equipment.
Save as provided in these conditions & to the extent that the exclusion or restriction of liability may be prohibited by statute, the Company will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury caused, directly or indirectly by the equipment or its use. Your statutory rights are not affected.
11. The provision of adequate insurance cover for your goods is the sole responsibility of the hirer and not A2B Outdoor Hire and sales (Ensure equipment is covered on personal vehicle insurance or travel insurance).
12. A2B Outdoor Hire MUST be informed of any damage caused to any of the equipment straight away.
13. The Hirer will be given the opportunity to inspect the equipment prior to Hire, A2B Outdoor Hire MUST be informed of any faults/damage to the equipment prior to the equipment being used. If this is not reported the hirer will be liable for the any damage caused.
The company has no liability for any equipment which has not been hired from the company but has been fitted by the hirer to the hired equipment and the company has no liability for any property stolen from or from within any of the equipment hired from the company.